Sassy Curried Mussels
Number of Servings: 2
Source: Chef Alain Bosse
1 1⁄4 lb (567 g) fresh PEI Mussels
2 oz (60 mL) white wine
1 tsp (5 mL) finely chopped garlic
1 onion (shallot), julienne
1 stalk of celery
1 tsp (5 mL) curry paste or curry powder
3 oz (90 mL) whipping cream
- Rinse fresh PEI Mussels under tap water. Tap any mussels that are still open and discard any that do not close after being tapped and rinsed. Set aside.
- Place mussels in a saute pan. Add wine, garlic, carrot, onion and celery.
- Cover the pan until the mussels just start to open.
- Drain half the juices, then add cream curry paste or curry powder. Stir paste around to dissolve.
- Cover to finish steaming and allow sauce to reduce to thicken slightly. Remove any mussels that do not open.
- Serve mussels in a large oval bowl with your favourite bread or pasta and enjoy with a glass of the remaining wine.