Chorizo Chili Mussels
Number of Servings: 4
Source: Running To The Kitchen
2 lbs. fresh PEI Mussels
1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 Bulb Fennel, thinly sliced
8 oz. Chorizo, sliced
2-3 Dried Red Chilis
14 oz. Canned Whole Peeled Tomatoes In Puree
2 tbsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped
Salt And Pepper
- Rinse fresh PEI Mussels under running water. Tap any mussels that are still open and discard any that do not close after being tapped and rinsed. Set aside.
- Place the olive oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Once hot, add the garlic, fennel and chorizo. Cook until chorizo is browned on both sides.
- Roughly break up the tomatoes in the can using a sharp knife or scissors. Place the tomatoes and dried chilis in the pot and reduce heat to medium-low. Season with salt and pepper to taste and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the PEI mussels to the pot, toss to combine, place a lid on the pot and let the mussels steam for another 5-7 minutes or until the mussels have opened.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with crusty bread.