Creamy Dijon Sauce Mussels
Number of Servings: 2
Source: Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
2 lbs. fresh PEI Mussels
2 tbsp. Butter or Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Leaks, diced small
3 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 tsp. Paprika
1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
2 Sprigs Thyme + 1 tsp. Chopped
3 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
1/2 Cup Coconut Cream
1 Cup White Wine
- Rinse fresh PEI Mussels under running water. Tap any mussels that are still open and discard any that do not close after being tapped and rinsed. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven, heat garlic over medium-high heat.
- Add in leeks and garlic. Saute? until leeks turn translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir until well combined. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once at a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for five minutes, or until the alcohol has cooked out.
- Over high heat, bring the sauce back to a boil. Add in mussels, stir, and cover. Give the pan a shake while covered and let steam for 5-7 minutes or until all mussels have opened.
- Remove pan from heat and pour mussels and sauce into desired serving dish. Be generous with the sauce!