PEI Mussel Poke
Number of Servings: 2
Source: Home Made Interest
2 lbs. fresh PEI Mussels
2 tbsp. Sesame Oil
1 Small Onion, diced
14 oz. can Coconut Milk
3 tbsp. Fish Sauce
3 Limes, juiced
1⁄2 Thai Chili, sliced
2 tbsp. Cilantro
Salt to taste
- Rinse fresh PEI Mussels under running water. Tap any mussels that are still open and discard any that do not close after being tapped and rinsed. Set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in pot and add the onions. Saute? until they are tender then add 1⁄4 cup of coconut milk, bring to a boil and add the mussels. Cover with a lid.
- Steam mussels until they open, about 5-7 minutes.
- In a bowl, stir together lime juice, coconut milk, fish sauce, and chili. Salt to taste.
- Once the mussels are cooked place them in a large bowl and pour the poke sauce over them.
- Garish with cilantro and enjoy!