Saucy Marinara Mussels
Number of Servings: 4
Source: Eat Good 4 Life
3 lbs. fresh PEI Mussels
1 lb Whole Wheat Spaghetti
1 jar (25.25 oz.) Marinara Sauce
3 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Bay Leave
6 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
1 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
1/4 tsp. Celtic Salt
2 tbsp. Chopped Parsley, for garnish
- Rinse fresh PEI Mussels under running water. Tap any mussels that are still open and discard any that do not close after being tapped and rinsed. Set aside.
- Cook Whole Wheat Spaghetti as per instructions noted on the pasta package.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add garlic, bay leaf and crushed red pepper and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the wine and boil until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Stir in the marinara sauce, salt and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the mussels, cover and cook until the mussels open, about 5-7 minutes Add the cooked pasta and combine.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.