Island Steamed Mussels
Number of Servings: 4
Source: PEI Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture
2 lb (1 kg) fresh PEI Mussels
1 small onion, chopped fine
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 Tbsp (30 mL) oil
1 cup (250 mL) white wine or chicken broth
2 Tbsp (30 mL) parsley, chopped
- Rinse fresh PEI Mussels under tap water. Tap any mussels that are still open and discard any that do not close after being tapped and rinsed. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion and garlic in oil.
- Add fresh PEI Mussels and wine or broth.
- Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the shells open.
- Serve garnished with parsley.