Grilled Mussels on the Half Shell
Number of Servings: 5-6
3 lbs (1.5 kg)fresh PEI mussels
1/4 cup (60ml) butter
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
2 lemons, sliced into rounds
sea salt and pepper
- Rinse the PEI mussels under running fresh water. Throw away any that do not close.
- Heat grill (BBQ) to medium heat. Brush lightly with oil.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add thyme leaves and chopped parsley. Set aside.
- Tip mussels on the grill alongside sliced lemons. Grill until mussels open. Throw away any that do not open. Use tongs or a heat proof spatula to slide them off the grill into a large bowl. Grill both sides of lemon until grill marks appear.
- To serve, place mussels on a platter or single serving plates and drizzle butter over top. Garnish with lemon slices.