Number of Servings: 3
Source: PEI Department of Fisheries, Agriculture and Rural Development
36 fresh PEI Mussels (approx 1.5 lbs)
1⁄4 cup lemon juice
2 tbsp green onions, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
2 cup bread crumbs, fresh, finely chopped
1⁄2 tsp salt
1⁄8 tsp pepper
1⁄4 cup butter, melted
1⁄2 cup water
- Rinse fresh PEI Mussels under tap water. Tap any mussels that are still open and discard any that do not close after being tapped and rinsed. Set aside
- Simmer mussels with water in a covered pot until they open. Strain and remove top half of the mussel shell. Discard any mussels that do not open.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over each mussel
- Mix remaining ingredients.
- Cover each with about 1 1/2 tsp of the bread crumbs mixture.
- Broil 5-7 minutes