PEI Mussels on the Half Shell
Number of Servings: 6
Source: Tourism PEI
1⁄4 cup white wine or water
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 clove garlic, minced
1⁄2 cup parsley, dill and coriander, mixed
2 cup medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
36 fresh PEI Mussels (approx 2 lb)
- Rinse fresh PEI Mussels under tap water. Tap any mussels that are still open and discard any that do not close after being tapped and rinsed. Set aside.
- In saucepan, bring water or wine to boil.
- Add fresh PEI Mussels, cover and steam over high heat until open (5-8 minutes). Remove from heat, reserving 2 tbsp of cooking liquid. Remove mussel meat from shells, reserving half shells.
- In a bowl, combine reserved liquid, oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley mixture and tomatoes; add fresh PEI Mussels and stir gently.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- To serve, place a mussel in each half shell and cover with tomato mixture. Arrange on platter.