Sweet Thai Mussels
Number of Servings: 2
Source: Chef Alain Bosse
2 oz white wine
1 tsp finely chopped red onions
3 tbsp sweet chili sauce
2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
2 lb fresh PEI Mussels
1⁄4 lime squeezed
- Rinse fresh PEI Mussels under tap water. Tap any mussels that are still open and discard any that do not close after being tapped and rinsed. Set aside.
- In a sauté pan place your mussels then add the white wine, red onions, sweet chili sauce and the cilantro.
- Finish with the squeeze lime and drop it on top.
- Cover pan and allow to steam until mussels start to open up.
- Sautè the pan occasionally to ensure the chili sauce coats all the mussels. Discard any mussels that do not open.
- Serve mussels and sauce in a large oval bowl. Serve with your favorite bread for dipping in that incredible sauce.