Mussel-Stuffed Mushroom Caps
Number of Servings: 6
Source: PEI Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture
1 lb fresh PEI Mussels, cooked and shucked
12 large mushroom caps
1 tbsp butter or margarine
2 tbsp lemon juice
1⁄8 tsp salt
1 tbsp bacon bits or crushed bacon
- Rinse fresh PEI Mussels under tap water. Tap any mussels that are still open and discard any that do not close after being tapped and rinsed. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450 °F (230 °C).
- Dip mussels in mixture of melted butter, lemon juice and salt.
- Place one mussel in each mushroom cap. Place in a lightly greased baking pan; pour remaining butter and lemon juice mixture over the mussels and mushroom caps.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Serve hot.