Number of Servings: 2
2 lbs of PEI Mussels
2 Tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
2 Garlic Cloves
1/2 Cup Onions
2 Tbsp Orange Zest
1 Cup Sparkling Wine
Freshly Squeezed Juice from 1 Orange
2 Tbsp Rosemary
2 tsp Kosher Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
- Rinse fresh PEI Mussels under running fresh water. Tap any mussels that are still open and discard any that do not close after being tapped and rinsed. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large pan/pot over medium heat. Add Onion and Garlic and sauté until softened.
- Add Orange zest, sparkling wine, fresh orange juice, Rosemary, salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer for 2 minutes. Stir to combine well.
- Add mussels to the pot, cover and let steam for 5-7 minutes, until mussels are open.
- While mussels are steaming, brush your Focaccia bread with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and warm in oven. Once warmed, slice and serve with dish.