Marinated Blue Mussels
Number of Servings: 2-4
Source: Chef Alain Bosse
2 lb fresh PEI Mussels
1 cup water
1⁄4 cup parsley sprigs
2 cloves of garlic
1⁄4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp white vermouth
1⁄4 tsp salt
1 dash pepper
- Rinse the mussels under fresh running water. Throw away any that do not close.
- In a large pot, add ¼ cup of water to the bottom of the pan.
- Cover with a lid and cook on high until steam is pouring out from under the lid.
- Once the steam is coming out from under the pot’s lid, remove from the heat, this should take approx. 5 to 6 minutes, take off the lid and let the mussels cool.
- Once cool enough to touch, take the meat out of the shells reserve some of the shells and put a mussel into the half shell for serving.
- While the mussels are cooking, Chop parsley and garlic in a blender. Add olive oil, lemon juice, vermouth, salt and pepper and blend.
- Pour marinade over mussels in shells. Cover and chill for one hour.