Mussel Angels on Horseback
Number of Servings: 2
Source: PEI Department of Fisheries, Agriculture and Rural Development
1 lb (500 g) fresh PEI Mussels, cooked
1⁄4 tsp (1 mL) salt
1⁄4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
1⁄4 tsp (1 mL) paprika
12 slices bacon, cut in halves
- Rinse fresh PEI Mussels under tap water. Tap any mussels that are still open and discard any that do not close after being tapped and rinsed. Set aside.
- Sprinkle mussels lightly with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Roll in bacon strips, fasten with wooden toothpicks and arrange on a wire rack.
- Bake in 400°F/230°C oven for 15 minutes.
- Turn and bake until bacon is crisp (Approx. 10 minutes).