Mussels with Persillade
Number of Servings: 2-3
2 lb (1 kg) fresh PEI Mussels, cooked
1/2 cup (125 mL) water
4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
1 cup (250 mL) packed flat leaf parsley
½ cup (125 mL) olive oil
½ tsp (2.5 mL) sea salt
1 ½ cups (375 mL) bread crumbs
- Rinse fresh PEI mussels under tap water. Tap any mussels that are still open and discard any that do not close after being tapped and rinsed. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 425ºF/220ºC.
- In a medium pot add mussels and water and cover with a lid. Turn the heat to high and cook until steam pours out from under the lid and the shells are open, 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for about 1 minute. Leave until cool enough to handle.
- To make the persillade, combine garlic and parsley in a food processer and pulse. Add olive oil and pulse again until smooth. Add salt and bread crumbs and pulse until combined, adding more olive oil is mixture is dry. Set aside.
- Remove top shells from mussels. Discard any mussels that do not open.
- Arrange mussels on a baking sheet. Spoon persillade over mussels. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Bake until persillade is golden and crispy, 5-6 minutes.
- Serve immediately.