Mussels in Barbecue Sauce
Number of Servings: 4-6
Source: Chef Lindsay Cameron Wilson
5 lb fresh PEI Mussels
1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
1⁄2 cup water or apple juice
juice of 1 lime
fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Rinse fresh PEI Mussels under tap water. Tap any mussels that are still open and discard any that do not close after being tapped and rinsed. Set aside.
- Pour barbecue sauce and chosen liquid into a large pot over medium heat. Add mussels and lime juice and leave to steam for 5-7 minutes, until mussels are open.
- Discard any mussels that do not open.
- Toss mussels with sauce and tip mussels into a serving dish.
- Scatter mussels with chopped cilantro. Serve with cornbread.